What is Breathwork?
Breathwork is a term used for various styles of breathing. Most breathwork practices comes from ancient yoga traditions and is based on Pranayama which means “the regulation of the breath through certain techniques and exercises.
Breathwork has so many benefits and it can be difficult to put into words the magic that occurs during a group or private breath session. Some of the numerous benefits include:
- Detox the body, helping bring in more alkalinity, offsetting acidity.
- Release physical pain from the body
- Assist in proper digestion
- Feeding oxygen to the blood, muscles, organs, and brain
- Assisting the removal of toxins from the blood cells
- Become aware of and then releasing addictive patterns and behaviors
- Increases physical energy and stamina
- Boost immunity
- Improve brain function including memory
- Release stored up anger, anxiety, depression, and other heavy emotions
- Gain clarity of thought
- Releases Oxytocin, the “feel good hormone”
- De-Stress and let go of recurring negative thoughts
- Shift into a deeper level of love and forgiveness for yourself and others
- Feel more centered, blissful, and happy
- Let go of past hurts and painful childhood memories
- Gain inner wisdom and to connect deeply with your soul’s purpose
- Receive psychic and intuitive messages and visions about your next steps
- Gain clarity
- Be more present and in love with this moment
- Release and heal heaviness from family and ancestral ties
- Get re-inspired and connect with your inner creativity and bliss
- Become more joyful and childlike
- Surrender to what is and allow more abundance, flow, and ease
- Opening and balancing of the chakras
How is Breathwork Done?
- Private breath sessions with Jay are done lying flat on a comfortable, heated table or in your own relaxing setting at home. Group sessions are performed on a yoga mat with the use of blankets and eye pillows and all sessions include custom blended essential oils, sage, Palo Santo and other tools to help make your session special and customized.
At first you’ll set an intention for the session and then Jay guides you through a simple but effective 3-part breath and coaches you along the way to reach a deeper level of healing. Each session is done with a combination of emotional spiritual and world music to further assist your process.
Jay uses the Ho’Oponopono healing practice and a guided meditation to help you release what no longer serves you and moves you from feeling stuck, to being empowered and inspired.